Journal of Atmospheric & Earth Sciences Category: Agriculture Type: Research Article
Studying on the Sedimentary Control Function Affect by the Tectonic Evolution of Raoyang Sag in Upper the First Member of Shahejie Formation in Dawangzhuang Oilfield
- Guo Fajun1, Zhang Shujuan1, Yang Xudong2, Xie Jun2*, Chen Xiaoqin1, Zhou Kai1
- 1 Research Institute Of Exploration And Development Of Huabei Oilfield Company, Renqiu, Hebei, China
- 2 Shandong University Of Science And Technology, Qingdao, Shandong, China
*Corresponding Author:Xie Jun
Shandong University Of Science And Technology, Qingdao, Shandong, China
Received Date: Nov 21, 2019 Accepted Date: Dec 10, 2019 Published Date: Dec 17, 2019
The influence of tectonic on the subsidence center
During this period, the Xianxian bulge shrank to the southeast, the east-off fault developed extensively, and the Zhaohuangzhuang-Xiliu structural belt gradually became larger. During the sedimentary period of the third member of Dongying Formation, the depression was once again elevated and the terrain was relatively flat, the climate was relatively dry, and the subsidence center was located in the area between the Hejian and the Suning depression (Figure 3g). During the deposition of the second member of Dongying Formation, the subsidence center moved south to the Liuxi-Dawangzhuang area (Figure 3h). During the sedimentary period of the first member of Dongying Formation, the regional tectonic movement gradually weakened, and the terrain was flattened with the quasi-plainization, and the subsidence center moved to the Hejian and the suning area (Figure 3i).
The influence of tectonic on sediment source
SEDIMENTARY FACIES TYPE
Combined with the tectonic background analysis, during the sedimentary period of upper the first member of Shahejie Formation, there were the Suning depression and the Dawangzhuang depression in the west of the Dawangzhuang area, and the Zhaohuangzhuang buried hill was initially developed. During the deposition period of the Dongying Formation, the Xianxian bulge has shrunk to the southeast corner. During the sedimentary period of the first member of Shahejie Formation to Dongying Formation, with the progress of the sedimentary process, the source of the Shenze low bulge in the southwest direction became stronger, and the source of the Xianxian uplift in the east and the Gaoyang low bulge in the northwest gradually weakened . It is concluded that the sand body has been transported at a long distance, and the sedimentary area is located downstream of the river, which is a sedimentary environment of reduction-weak oxidation.
Sedimentary structural features
The single well phase diagram of L70-233 is divided into two parts vertically. The upper part of 3018-3038m has the characteristics of the transition from delta to meandering river facies. The rock types are mainly gray fine sandstone and purple-red mudstone. Positive rhythm is dominant, and parallel stratification is visible. The lower 3038-3075m reveals the sedimentary characteristics of the delta. The rock types are mainly large sections of brown fine sandstone and light gray fine sandstone. The fuchsia mudstone is thinner and mainly anti-rhythmic. Visible cross-bedding, parallel bedding and boulder-clay. The two parts are distinguished by obvious inflection points on the log curve. In the 3038-3075m coring section in the lower part, four types of sedimentary microfacies were encountered: underwater distributary channels, diversion between rivers, river mouth bar and mat sands (Figure 6).
Particle size analysis
a L70-233 well 2859m; b L475 well 3234m; c L70-231 well 2937m; d L70-231 well 3066m
The sedimentary facies type
Research shows that the glutenite in the braided river sediment has high content, coarse lithology and more irregular grain size changes. The sediments in the reticulated channel are mostly filled with coarse debris. The color of mudstone in the sedimentary front of shallow water delta is characterized by purple-red and gray-phase, and almost no estuarine dam deposits are developed. The sandstone color in the terminal fan deposit is mainly light brown, and dark matter is rare in mudstone.
The study of lithology and particle size analysis in the study area found that the sandstone in the study area is mainly gray sandstone with fine grain size. The mudstones in upper the first member of Shahejie Formation are mainly gray, lacking the relevant features of braided rivers, reticulated rivers, shallow water deltas and terminal fan sedimentary facies. Therefore, this study believes that upper the first member of Shahejie Formation in the target area is dominated by delta front subfacies. The underwater diversion channel passes straight through the middle of the study area and extends from the southwest to the northeast. The estuary dam has a thick sand body, most of which is 6-9m, and is distributed on both sides of the river in a bead shape. Mat sand is widely distributed (Figure 8).
Affected by the concave middle buried hill, the suning depression and the Dawangzhuang depression in the west, the provenance in the east and northwest is blocked, and the study area is mainly affected by the provenance of the Shenze low bulge in the southwest. At the same time, as the terrain of Raoyang sag gradually flattened, lakes gradually disappeared, rivers continued to extend, and deltas continued to move forward. Delta facies was mainly developed in the study area during upper the first member of Shahejie Formation (Es1u) period, and it was determined as a delta front sedimentary based on petrological characteristics (Figure 9).
(a) depositional model of the first member of Shahejie Formation
(b) subsidence center map of the first member of Shahejie Formation
(c) depositional model of the uplift and extinction period of the fault depression in Raoyang Sag
- The Raoyang sag is in the period of sedimentation and extension in the sedimentary period of the lower first member of Shahejie Formation, which is the largest period of the lake formation, and the initial development of the Dawangzhuang buried hill. Upper the first member of Shahejie Formation was in the period of fault depression and extinction. The Lixian Slope was formed, and the buried hills such as Zhaohuangzhuang buried hills began to take shape. The subsidence center moved northward to Suning and Maxi depression, and blocked the supply of resources in the northwest and east. The Dawangzhuang area mainly accepts the provenance deposits of the southwestern Shenze low bulge during the sedimentary period of upper the first member of Shahejie Formation.
- The rock types in the study area are mainly light gray fine sandstone and gray mudstone, indicating that the sedimentary environment was reduced-weakly oxidized. The sedimentary structures such as parallel bedding, cross- bedding and scouring surface developed under strong hydrodynamic conditions are common. Boulder-clay can be seen in fine sandstone. Based on the comprehensive petrological characteristics and particle size analysis, it is believed that the delta facies develops in the upper part of the first member of Shahejie Formation in the Dawangzhuang area and is further subdivided into the delta front subfacies. The determination of the sedimentary facies provides a powerful reference for the next exploration and development of the oilfield.
- The sedimentary model map of the first member of Shahejie Formation in Dawangzhuang area was established to make the tectonic evolution process more intuitive.
- Mao Z, Xiaomin Z, Hongliu Z, Yanlei D, Chang, et al. (2017) Depositional system of shallow-water meandering river delta: a case from the first member of Shahejie Formation in Zhaohuangzhuang-Suning area of Raoyang Sag, Jizhong Depression. Lithologic Reservoirs 29: 59-67.
- Huang Zhijia (2014) The Research on Subtle Reservoir of the Dawangzhuang Area in The Raoyang Sag. China University of Geosciences.
- Zhang Wei (2011) Research on Hydrocarbon Accumulation Characteristics of Paleogene Reservoirs in Dawangzhuang District of Raoyang Depression. China University of Petroleum.
- Xiaoyuan W, Jiangbo H, Haifeng Y, Hui D, Guoying Li, et al. (2018) Tectonic origin and evolution of Laibei low uplift and its control over sedimentary system. Journal of Northeast Petroleum University 42: 1-10+117.
- Chao N, Youliang J (2006) Sequence stratigraphy and sedimentary system of the Paleogene Shahejie Formation in the Raoyang subbasin. Geology in China 33: 193-200.
- Yuquan W, Jiafu Q, Ronghua Z, Quanyun M, Xinjie N, et al. (2018) Paleogene Deformation and its Control Mechanism in the Central Part of Raoyang Sag. Geotectonica et Metallogenia 42: 628-638.
- Fengxiang H, Jingwang L, Xiwei L, Yong W, Xin W, et al. (2017) Secondary exploration practice in Raoyang sag, Jizhong depression, Bohai Bay Basin. China Petroleum Exploration 22: 21-32.
- Zhang Ruifeng (2006) Study on Sequence Stratigraphy and Subtle Reservoir Exploration of Paleogene in Raoyang Sag. Chinese Academy of Geological Sciences.
- Jin Fengming (2007) Study on the Formation and Exploration of Subtle Reservoir in Fault Basin of Continental Facies. Chengdu University of Technology.
- Jianning L, Chunpeng L, Kun L, Shao-chuan H, Kai P, et al. (2018) Control Factors of Mixed Sedimentation in First Member of Shahejie Formation in Lixian Slope. Journal of Hebei United university natural science edition 40: 37-41.
- Jingxing G, Yiwen G (2018) Geochemical Characteristics and Geological Significance of Neogene System in Liuxi-Liubei Tectonic Zone in Raoyang Sag. Geological Science and Technology Information 37: 41-49.
- Jie X, Zaixing J (2019) Provenance analysis of clastic rocks: Current research status and prospect. Journal of Paleogeography 21: 379-396.
- Yajun Z (2011) Study on Sequence Stratigraphy and Sedimentary System of Upper S1 to Dongying Formation in East Zhaohuangzhuang Area, Raoyang Depression. Chengdu University of Technology.
- San Gree, J Betal (1990) A summary of exploration application of Sequence stratigraphy. GCSSEPM Foundation Eleven the Annual Research Conference Program and Abstract 320-327.
- Hobson GD, Tiratsoo EN (1975) Introduction to Petroleum geology. Beacons Field: Scientific Press, USA Pg no: 21-50.
- Hobson GD (1954) Some Fundamentals of Petroleum Geology. Oxford University Press, UK Pg no: 1-139.
- Hobson GD, Tiratsoo EN (1983) Experimental and field investigations of sedimentation from turbidity currents.
- Rui L, Dawei J, An L, Chang-hui G, Shi-min Z (2019) Comparison of Methods for Distinguishing Different Grades of Geomorphologic Surfaces Based on Sediment Particle Size Features Taking the Qingyijiang River Basin as An Example. Seismology and Geology 41: 837-855.
- Lanting S, Qinlin Y, Dinghong Y, Guang-rong T, Jun D (2007) Sedimentary Evolution and Reservoir-Cap Rock Assemblages of Palaeogeue in Dawangzhang Area, Raoyang Sag, Central Hebei Province. Journal of East China Institute of Technology 2: 132-136.
Citation:Fajun G, Shujuan Z, Xudong Y, Xiejun, Xiaoqin C, et al. (2019) Studying on the Sedimentary Control Function Affect by the Tectonic Evolution of Raoyang Sag in Upper the First Member of Shahejie Formation in Dawangzhuang Oilfield. J Atmos Earth Sci 3: 014.
Copyright: © 2019 Guo Fajun, et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.